Monday, March 31, 2014

Postcrossing & how it all started.

Hello everybody! And welcome to my blog.

I started to blog in another platform called Tumblr, I really liked it, I think it is a really easy and friendly, but the main problem is that most of my friends have blogspot and I was not able to follow them, so I decided to create a blog here, in order to be conected.

This blog is basically about my postcard collection and the experiences I have had in the process of collecting them; my main goal is to share with you my love for postcards and to be able to ignite the creativity and curiosity in new collectors.

* Let's start explaining how I became a postcard collector:

Since I was a child I have been collecting scraps from magazines, pictures and postcards, I always thought that it was a wonderful way of travel around the world, and learn more about the diverse cultures and history, most of the time it was not that easy to find postcards from all over the world, but with the years I realized that there was a better form to do it, and that was using the Internet!!

That is how I started making research about postals collections and buying them on-line, on garage sales, and diverse places I was visiting until I met a really good friend when I started my Master degree, and we found out that we had the collection of postcards as a common ground, then she talked to me about a website called Postcrossing and that basically changed the way I see the process of collecting postcards.

* What is Postcrossing?

Their motto is: “Send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person in the world!”
And it is self-explanatory, with an account in Postcrossing you can build up a collection of postcards, but also a collection of stories, and writings from wonderful people from around the world.

I have been member of Postcrossing since August 2011, and I have been also collecting postcards outside the website.
I have received over 160 postcards from the official site so far, and my distance of sent postcards is 604,066 km.

Through the official Postcrossing forum I have participated in the 1st Meeting in Ålesund, Norway in 2013, and also I have been part of Traveling Notebooks, which allow me to have a lot of fun and share so many experiences and creativity!

And well, this is just a brief introduction, I hope you enjoy my blog!!


---------------------------------------------------------

If you want to know more about Postcrossing, do not hesitate to vist their website!

Postcards Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment